HydraFacial Skin Treatment uses a patented Vortex-Fusion delivery system to target specific skin concerns. It exfoliates, extracts and removes any impurities, whilst nourishing the skin with intense moisturisers and antioxidants.
This can help with:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Elasticity and firmness
- Even tone & vibrancy
- Skin texture
- Brown spots
- Oily & congested skin
- Enlarged pores
HydraFacial uses organic serums to achieve a healthy with instant, noticeable results. Come and visit our clinic in Penryn.
Prices start from £120.
Experience the transformative power of Hydrafacial at Mor Clinic, located in Penryn, Cornwall, and proudly serving the communities of Falmouth and Truro. Book a consultation now: 01326 567532.
Skin Boosters FAQs
What is a Hydrafacial?
A HydraFacial is a non-invasive, multi-step facial treatment that combines several skin rejuvenation techniques to improve the overall health and appearance of the skin. This treatment is often performed by licensed skincare professionals or aestheticians. The HydraFacial is known for providing immediate results with minimal discomfort and no downtime.
The typical steps involved in a HydraFacial include:
- Cleansing and Exfoliation: The skin is cleansed and exfoliated to remove dead skin cells and prepare the skin for the subsequent steps.
- Gentle Acid Peel: A mild chemical peel solution is applied to the skin to help loosen debris and impurities from the pores.
- Extraction: The HydraFacial machine uses a vacuum-like suction to extract impurities from the pores, such as blackheads and sebum.
- Hydration: A customised blend of serums containing hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, and peptides is infused into the skin to nourish and hydrate.
- Protection: The treatment concludes with the application of a moisturiser and sunscreen to protect the skin.
The HydraFacial is suitable for various skin types and can address concerns such as fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, congested pores, and dehydrated skin. The customizable nature of the treatment allows it to be tailored to individual skin needs.
Benefits of a HydraFacial may include improved skin texture, enhanced hydration, a more radiant complexion, and a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. However, the specific results can vary based on individual skin conditions.
It’s essential to have the HydraFacial performed by a qualified skincare professional, and the frequency of treatments may depend on your skincare goals and the condition of your skin. As with any cosmetic procedure, it’s advisable to consult with a skincare professional to determine the most appropriate treatments for your specific needs.
How long does the treatment take?
Between 35-45 Minutes.
Is there any downtime involved?
No, you can resume normal activities immediately after treatment.
How many treatments until I see results?
The number of HydraFacial treatments needed to see noticeable results can vary depending on individual skin concerns, goals, and the current condition of your skin. Many people experience improvements in their skin’s texture and appearance after just one treatment, but for optimal and longer-lasting results, a series of treatments is often recommended.
In a series of HydraFacial treatments, sessions are typically scheduled at intervals, such as every 2 to 4 weeks. The exact number of sessions needed varies, and your skincare professional will assess your skin during a consultation to provide personalised recommendations.
They are also great for that one glow before a big event, such as a wedding or party.
Are there any contra-indications for treatment?
Treatment is not appropriate for those who:
- have taken Roaccutane within the last six months
- have an allergy to aspirin, prawns, or honey
- have autoimmune disorders
- are pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- have had cold sores in the previous month
- have undergone cosmetic injections in the preceding week
- have had other procedures in the area recently, such as laser, chemical peels, or waxing
- have a lymphatic disorder
- have active eczema, open wounds, or fresh scars on the area.
In addition, it is necessary for all patients undergoing treatment to avoid Retinol and Retin-A products for two days before and after treatment.
Are HydraFacial results immediate?
Yes, one of the key benefits of a HydraFacial is that you can see immediate results. Many individuals notice improvements in the texture, tone, and overall appearance of their skin right after the treatment. Common immediate results include:
- Hydration: HydraFacial infuses the skin with a combination of hydrating serums, leaving the skin feeling more moisturised and plump immediately after the treatment.
- Smoothness: The exfoliation and extraction steps help remove dead skin cells and unclog pores, resulting in smoother skin.
- Radiance: The combination of cleansing, exfoliation, and infusion of nourishing serums can give the skin a radiant and refreshed appearance.
- Reduced Pore Size: The extraction step can help minimise the appearance of enlarged pores, giving the skin a more refined look.
- Diminished Fine Lines: Some individuals may notice a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, particularly after a series of treatments.
Is HydraFacial like microdermabrasion?
While both HydraFacial and microdermabrasion are non-invasive facial treatments that aim to improve the skin’s texture and appearance, they are distinct procedures with some differences in their techniques and outcomes.
- Mechanism: HydraFacial uses a multi-step approach that combines cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration, and infusion of nourishing serums.
- Hydration: A key feature of HydraFacial is its emphasis on hydrating the skin by delivering specific serums containing hyaluronic acid and other beneficial ingredients.
- Technology: It involves the use of a specialized machine that simultaneously cleanses, exfoliates, extracts impurities, and delivers serums.
- Customization: The treatment is customizable based on individual skin concerns, allowing skincare professionals to tailor the procedure to specific needs.
- Mechanism: Microdermabrasion is a mechanical exfoliation technique that uses a device to spray tiny crystals onto the skin’s surface, gently removing the outer layer of dead skin cells.
- Exfoliation: The primary focus of microdermabrasion is on exfoliation to improve skin texture, reduce the appearance of fine lines, and promote cell turnover.
- No Infusion of Serums: Unlike HydraFacial, microdermabrasion does not involve the infusion of hydrating or nourishing serums into the skin.
- Technology: It typically employs a handheld device with a suction feature to remove the exfoliated skin cells and crystals.
In summary, while both HydraFacial and microdermabrasion aim to enhance skin texture and appearance, HydraFacial is a multi-step treatment that includes cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration, and serum infusion. Microdermabrasion, on the other hand, is primarily focused on mechanical exfoliation. The choice between the two may depend on individual skin concerns, goals, and preferences, and a skin care professional can help determine the most suitable option for a person’s specific needs.
Will HydraFacial help acne?
Yes, HydraFacial can be beneficial for individuals dealing with acne. The multi-step approach of HydraFacial addresses several aspects of skin health, making it a versatile treatment for various skin concerns, including acne. Here’s how HydraFacial can help with acne:
- Cleansing and Exfoliation: HydraFacial begins with a thorough cleansing and gentle exfoliation, removing excess oil, dead skin cells, and other impurities that can contribute to acne.
- Extraction: The treatment includes a step that uses a vacuum-like suction to extract debris from the pores, including blackheads and sebum. This can help reduce the occurrence of clogged pores, a common factor in acne development.
- Hydration: HydraFacial involves the infusion of hydrating serums, which can be particularly beneficial for individuals with acne-prone skin. Hydration helps maintain the skin’s balance and prevent excessive dryness, which can trigger increased oil production.
- Antioxidant Protection: The serums used in HydraFacial often contain antioxidants, which can help protect the skin from environmental damage. This can be especially important for individuals with acne, as inflammation and oxidative stress can contribute to the development of acne lesions.
Our HydraFacial’s start at £120 for the deluxe, and for the platinum experience which includes lymphatic drainage it’s £150.